Looking for a kayak rental near Chinaman’s Hat? We deliver your kayak rental near Chinaman’s Hat at Kualoa Regional Park so you can have an awesome time with less hassle of transporting equipment. Experience the beauty of Oahu’s windward coast and one of its signature islets, Mokoli’i, also known as Chinaman’s Hat, from the water, and from the peak.
Experience this Windward Oahu kayaking adventure with us! We make the whole experience a breeze with our kayak rentals and beach gear delivery services.
This post covers where we deliver, the rental experience for Chinaman’s hat and most importantly how awesome an adventure kayaking to Chinaman’s Hat is.
If you want to skip all that, Here are the key items you need to know about getting your kayak rental near Chinaman’s Hat:
- Location: We deliver the kayaks and beach gear to you. Just meet us at the location. All of the info is here or in the confirmation email.
- Experience: Great adventure. Awesome views. Fun combo activity of kayaking and hiking. Allow for 3 hours for the full experience you may want more time if you plan to hang out and have a picnic.
- 3 hour kayak rentals: Rent one kayak for $76 or $52 per kayak for multiple kayaks or beach gear over $76
- All-day kayak rentals: Rent one kayak for $76 or $66 per kayak for multiple kayaks or beach gear over $76
- Warnings: This is an ocean activity, weather and ocean conditions vary. We suggest this experience for intermediate/advanced paddlers, active healthy adults or children over 12.
Already know everything and want to book?
Map of Our Normal Service Areas
We want to offer the best service with quick delivery and pickup as well as flexibility for you, so we have normal service areas that we can reach quickly so you can spend more time adventuring or relaxing. Check it out!
We deliver kayak rentals near Chinaman’s Hat next to Kualoa Regional Park. There are also some really nice key areas that are great for kayaking including Kahana Bay and up the river, the coastline between Kahana Bay and Hau’ula, Laie Bay and Goat Island and Kawela Bay. Kahana Bay and Kawela Bay are great places to kayak year-round. We deliver to most beaches and any private address that you are staying at.
Delivering Your Kayak Rental Near Chinaman’s Hat
We meet you at the edge of Kualoa Regional Park. It’s a large park with plenty of parking but the lot can get busy on holidays, summer days and weekends. You’ll park on the first parking lot on the left as you enter the park, grab what you’ll take on the kayaks and walk over to meet us at the edge of the park and grab your kayaks and gear.
Renting Kayaks and Beach Gear From Active Oahu
We make kayaking adventures a breeze for you and your group. You’ll get all the gear you need: kayaks, seat-backs, paddles, dry bags, life vests and more. Once you schedule the dropoff and pickup times and places, we transport and deliver the equipment then pick it up when you are done. Our flexible scheduling makes it easy for us to adapt.
All of our kayaks are tandem kayaks but can be used as singles easily. All tandem kayaks have a center seat that can either be used when there’s just one person in the kayak or you have a small child that will not be paddling. If you are over 250lbs you will want your own kayak so that you can be more stable and safe while you paddle.
How Our Ocean Kayak Rentals Work
- We meet you at the google maps location in the confirmation email.
- We will be parked in a white truck with a trailer of orange kayaks.
- Come say “Hi” or “Aloha” Whatever you are comfortable with.
- The driver will check you in and will either have the equipment ready or will start getting it all unloaded.
- All participating guests are required to sign a waiver.
- The driver will go over the route ocean/hiking safety and provide you with a map with extra info.
- Feel free to ask questions or ask for extra instruction.
- Head out and have an adventure!
- Come back at the scheduled time and meet the driver where you picked up the equipment.
Ready to book?
Not ready to book?
Kayak and Hike Chinamana’s Hat
Experience one of Oahu’s best adventures. Recently this experience has been getting more popular and for good reason. You’ve got a combination of world-class kayaking that’s not hard, but not always easy, a tropical island in the middle of a bay and epic views everywhere you look. They only get better if you hike higher on Mokoli’i (Chinaman’s Hat).
Here are a couple more reasons what kayaking to Chianaman’s hat is amazing
- Kayaking to Chinaman’s hat is accessible. We can drop off the kayaks right to Kualoa Regional Park or a similar beach across from Kualoa Ranch and you can paddle from there.
- Kayaking and Hiking Chinaman’s hat is challenging (but not too challenging). Only about a 20 minute paddle to get to the islet and a 2 to 4 hour round trip total.
- The views from Chianamn’s Hat are epic. It’s no wonder that so many movies are filmed along this coastline. It’s amazing! You’ve just got to experience it for yourself.
Kayaking to Chinaman’s Hat
Chinaman’s hat at the edge of Kaneohe Bay and benefits from shallow water, a reef and generally calm conditions. The water is only about 10-12 feet in the deeper spots and generally about 5-7ft deep. When you start paddling out the water is only a few feet deep. It’s a good idea to wear your athletic shoes on the kayak or wear water socks to avoid cutting your feet on the reef.
When kayaking to Mokoli’i:
- Always try to paddle perpendicular to waves (if there are any). You’ll be more stable and paddle easier this way. Avoid capsizing by heading into or away from waves. not parallel to them.
- Try to do most of your paddling in deeper water. You will be fighting small waves and currents in the shallow water close to shore and eventually end up on shore earlier than you’d like. Paddle in deeper water for an easier experience.
- Be conscious of the wind and weather. Weather can change quickly by the ocean so be mindful of your surroundings, wind, and waves. Head to shore as safely as possible if conditions are too rough.
- Avoid rough water on the backside of Chinaman’s Hat. The backside of Chinaman’s hat has a deep dropoff and dangerous currents. Stay between the island and the regional park to stay safe.
Hiking Chinaman’s Hat
There are 2 options when it comes to hiking Chinaman’s hat:
- Go around the circumference of Mokolii
- Hike up higher to get a better view and all the way to the top if you are adventurous
Hiking up Mokolii
Hiking up the islet is also dangerous. So, be responsible, watch your footing, hold on tight and be safe. You can’t really have an adventure without some sort of danger (That’s why we have you sign liability waivers before using any of our equipment).
Once there you’ll land on a sandy inlet and get ready to check out the offshore islet. There are trails around the circumference as well as several paths that head straight to the top.
Hiking around Mokolii
Hiking around Chinaman’s hat is much easier than going straight to the top, but each has plenty of rocks and will require you to put on some athletic shoes.
The backside of Mokolii has some tide pools and a nice mini inlet where you can sometimes land your kayak, but only on super calm glassy days.
The trail up to the top of Mokolii is steep, but not too long, rocky and sometimes slippery but plenty doable if you are looking for great views of the windward coast. Altough, you don’t have to hike all the way to the top to get great views from Chinaman’s Hat.
Views from the Top of Mokolii
Finally, after a tricky bit of climbing, you can get to the top of Chinaman’s hat with a panoramic view of the East side of Oahu (Windward Oahu). You might recognize the mountains from Jurassic Park or some other epic movie backdrop. Also, don’t forget the amazing breeze you feel on top. After sweating to hike all the way up, it’s refreshing to step up to the top and feel that nice cool air wash over you. Totally worth it. Here are some pictures of the view at the top of Mokolii:
Kayak back to shore at Kualoa Regional Park
Now that you know you can get your kayak rental near Chinaman’s Hat, experience it for yourself! It’s a trip you can do over and over and never always experience something new. Views that awe, experiences that inspire. It doesn’t get much better than this. We’ve got the best Chinaman’s Hat Kayak Rentals around, so give us a call at (808)498-1894 or book online and have an adventure!